Before we begin let me admit that I totally stole this idea from my BFF and See Jane Write Collective member Jacqui Jones. This month for #bloglikecrazy she started a weekly feature on her blog called the Friday Five for which she shares five random tidbits about things going on in her life right now. What a fun idea! So I stole it for today’s blog post because the words for the post I’d originally planned for today just won’t come out. So here we go…
1. I secretly believe rest is bad for me. I’ve been feeling sick for the past week. I’ve been coughing, my throat is sore, and I’m starting to lose my voice. Whenever I’m not feeling well — whether it’s from something as simple as the common cold or as serious as a lupus flare — my friends and husband tell me to get some rest. I know this is good advice. It’s the same advice I give them when they’re sick. But I never listen. You see, I’m convinced I’m like a shark: I have to keep moving or I’ll die. This belief is not unfounded. Whenever I do actually rest when I’m not feeling well I end up feeling worse. A lot worse. On the other hand, if I go for a jog or brisk walk I instantly feel better. I think my body interprets rest as surrender and I’ve got to let her know that we’re not giving up!
2. I want to change the See Jane Write brand colors to pink and red but this is probably just because Lauren Eve’s Killing Venus blog and Instagram account have made me fall in love with this color combination.
3. Even though 2018 has been a disappointing year for me I’m ridiculously excited about 2019. I’ve already been thinking about what I’m going to wear on New Year’s Eve and where I’m going to eat for New Year’s Day brunch. I can’t wait to break out my 2019 Day Designer and Content Planner. And I’ve already been making my list of goals and plans for the year.
4. I’m suddenly obsessed with the idea of owning a charm bracelet. One day it just hit me that a charm bracelet is way to tell the story of your life through jewelry and as a writer who’s always pushing other women to tell their story I figured I needed a charm bracelet in my life. So I’m hoping Santa (aka my husband) will leave this Kendra Scott charm bracelet beneath our Christmas tree.
5. The other night I dreamt of a black girl magic Lilith Fair-like music festival that featured Beyoncé, Solange, Janelle Monae, LionBabe, Sade, and Erykah Badu. If someone made this happen for real I would spend every dollar in my savings account to go to this show.
Your turn! Tell me five random things about you.