Today I turn 39. Today I enter the last year of my 30s. Today I begin my 40 Before 40 project!
And this will be my obsession for the next 366 days, so brace yourself!
I love lists and I am completely obsessed with setting and going after goals, so making a list of 40 things to do before I turn 40 is the best gift I could give myself.
I’ll be tracking my progress on my Instagram Stories, so I hope you will follow along @seejavaciawrite.
This year will be 366 days to become the fierce and fabulous woman I want to be in my 40s.
I know that this next year will test my faith and my strength like no year before ever has. But I’m ready.
Let’s do this!
- Write a book I’m proud of.
- Write for 10 of my favorite national print or digital publications.
- Become an active member of the Birmingham Association of Black Journalists.
- Become an active member of the National Association of Black Journalists.
- Interview one of my role models.
- Get featured on the Brown Girls Who Write Instagram account.
- Launch a podcast.
- Host a writing workshop with Reckon Women.
- Teach a writing class at ArtPlay.
- Have my first $10K month as a writerpreneur.
- Get a BhamWiki page. – DONE! See my page here.
- Revamp the See Jane Write website.
- Revamp Javacia.com.
- Buy a new car.
- Get a new passport.
- Use my new passport.
- Travel abroad with my husband.
- Do a photoshoot with my husband.
- Help organize WordCamp Birmingham 2020.
- Join the Dream Team at Church of the Highlands Fultondale.
- Host a Church of the Highlands small group at my house.
- Host a Girls Day In at my house.
- Host a Girls Night Out at Dread River Distillery.
- Speak at Creative Mornings.
- Raise $2K for The Women’s Fund.
- Walk for exercise for at least 3o minutes for 366 consecutive days.
- Organize a team for Birmingham’s breast cancer walk.
- Complete my 3rd half marathon.
- Try all of the fitness classes offered at Railroad Park.
- Take a class at Intercity Dance Collective.
- Survive a Three15 fitness class.
- Become an affiliate for a fitness brand.
- Make a new friend.
- Meet one social media friend IRL.
- Record a Get Ready with Me video.
- Go to an All Elite Wrestling show.
- Buy 7 new bras that fit properly.
- Have a lingerie photoshoot.
- Reach 10K followers on Instagram.
- Plan my 40th birthday trip.
What do you hope to do before your next milestone birthday?