(1) Working on my selfie game. | (2) @ColorMeCourtney Instagram Stories.| (3) Wearing boots with everything. (4) Jon Bernthal. | (5) Being my husband’s wife. | (6) SOL Dance Experience. | (7) Wednesday afternoon yoga classes. | (8) Training for road races. | (9) Feeling like a runner again. | (10) My Tidal subscription. | (11) My pouch clutch collection. | (12) Teaching 7th graders. | (13) FINALLY hiring a soclal media manager. | (14) Cantu hair care products. | (15) Writing for StyleBlueprint. | (16) YouVersion Bible reading plans. | (17) My button and lapel pin collection. | (18) Seeing See Jane Write members quit their day jobs to follow their dreams. | (19) Miniature Twix bars. | (20) Preparing to slay 2018. | (21) Wicked nail polish by Essie. | (22) Hot Diggity Dog. | (23) Black Bloggers United meetups. | (24) The Marble Ring. | (25) Seeing my coaching clients meet their goals. | (26) Being confident that I’ll meet mine, too. | (27) I’m going to Wrestlemania 34!. | (28) Being a woman with a plan. | (29) Being a woman with a tribe. | (30) Blogging like crazy!
(1) The exquisite shade in the above photo. | (2) The Boss Babe blog.| (3) Being recognized by AL.com as one of 30 Women Who Shape the State. (4) Being written about in The Birmingham Times — which happens to be the first newspaper I ever wrote for at the age of 19. | (5) Going for evening walks with my Beloved. | (6) My See Jane Write Facebook group. It’s lit, as the kids say. | (7) She Reads Truth. | (8) Blue Bell ice cream. | (9) How to Get Away with Murder. It’s back and it’s as crazy as ever. | (10) Daydreaming about all the ways I could grow See Jane Write. | (11) Realizing that I have finally replaced my lack mentality with an attitude of abundance . | (12) Women’s Fund of Greater Birmingham. Thank you for helping me raise over $1,000 for this organization which works to help move women and their children beyond poverty. | (13) Cleaning my classroom every Friday. It somehow makes Monday mornings not so rough. | (14) Narcos. I know I’m late to the party and honestly I only hopped on this bandwagon because someone in my Twitter feed compared it to Queen of the South. My feminism colors my choices even when I’m watching TV shows about drug dealers. | (15) Women I once admired me from afar are sending me friend requests on Facebook. | (16) Late night Bible reading. | (17) Hot dates with my Kindle. | (18) Seeing See Jane Write members landing writing gigs again and again and again. | (19) Essie nail polish. | (20) Making money through affiliate links. Passive income, baby! | (21) It finally feels like fall. | (22) Pimento cheese from John’s Diner. | (23) H.E.R. Again I’m late to the party, but I finally took a break from listening to Beyonce and Solange to check out this EP. | (24) Westworld. This show is weird AF, but it’s so interesting. | (25) Skirts with pockets. | (26) Printed pants. | (27) Being a coach for budding boss babes. | (28) Being “Blogalicious.” | (29) Saying out loud that I want to build an empire. | (30) Believing that I can and I will.
(1) Lion Babe’s Sun Joint | (2) The Suicide Squad soundtrack. | (3) Frank Ocean’s Channel Orange. Yeah, I know he just released a new album, but I like the old stuff better.| (4) Blogging 5 days a week. | (5) Blog dates with bae. | (6) CoSchedule. It’s changing my life. | (7) The Question of the Day in the See Jane Write Facebook group. | (8) My Jem and the Holograms Synergy earrings. | (9) My Wonder Woman desk chair cape. | (10) My Wonder Woman clutch. | (11) Binge reading blogs like Quirky, Brown Love. | (12) Interviewing women I admire for my B-Metro Write Like a Girl column. | (13) Thinking of a master plan… | (14) Queen of the South on USA. | (15) The Get Down on Netflix. | (16) Greenleaf on OWN. | (17) Losing myself in good books and bad TV. | (18) Watching bad movies with good friends. | (19) Watching my favorite boss babes on Periscope. | (20) My work lunch bunch. | (21) Marshmallow Creme Pumpkins. | (22) Tacos. Always and forever. | (23) Being my husband’s wife. | (24) Being a homeowner. One year later and it’s still not old. | (25) Finally realizing “No” is a complete sentence. | (26) Training for my third half marathon. | (27) The decision to break new ground. | (28) Believing I can do the one thing I’ve always dreamed of doing. | (29) Believing that I will. | (30) Dreaming bigger than I ever have before.
(1) Self-Care Saturday. | (2) Brunch at Feast & Forest on a Saturday afternoon. | (3) Waking up in a home that I own — still isn’t old. | (4) Hand writing blog posts first. | (5) Cheap dates. | (6) Expensive perfume. | (7) Sore abs after a Jillian Michaels workout. | (8) Being a teacher. | (9) Always being willing to learn | (10) The scent of coffee shops. | (11) Channing & Jenna Dewan Tatum’s marriage. #relationshipgoals | (12) Being the woman of my house. | (13) Filling my home with the laughter of friends who knew me when I had acne and no idea what to do with my hair. | (14) Knowing what to do with my hair. | (15) The freedom of focus. | (16) Tuna pita sandwiches and pimento cheese from Zoes Kitchen. | (17) #BossBabe Periscope broadcasts | (18) Google spreadsheets | (19) Girls night in. | (20) Hour-long massages | (21) Penny Talk polish by Essie. | (22) Pitching story ideas to my favorite publications. | (23) Books that make me laugh. | (24) Books that make me cry. | (25) Being Brandi Runnels. | (26) Filling my journal with webinar and workshop ideas. | (27) Learning how to stop being a writer who doesn’t write. | (28) Believing I am beautiful. | (29) Believing he loves me. | (30) Believing SHE loves me too.
(1) Home. | (2) Being brought to tears each time I pull into my garage because I can’t believe I own a house. | (3) The feel of my home’s hardwood floors beneath my bare feet. | (4) Long walks in my neighborhood. | (5) Living dangerously close to Yogurt Mountain. | (6) Feminist comic books. | (7) Reading before bed. | (8) Learning that my favorite summer read — The Girl on the Train — is being adapted into a movie. | (9) Blogging like crazy. | (10) My Day Designer planner. | (11) My new business coach (who has quickly become my life coach, too). | (12) Basking in the beautiful dreams of my coaching clients. | (13) Seeing my tribe rise. | (14) Striving to be the author of my own life and pushing other women to do the same. | (15) Watching TV shows about superheroes and working to be a superhero of my own. | (16) Crying through new episodes of Being Mary Jane. | (17) Squealing through new episodes of How to Get Away with Murder. | (18) My new Instagram account. | (19) Trying to dress like a fashion blogger even though I’m not one. | (20) Compliments on my Essie nail color. | (21) Overhearing my students say “Bowser is Beyonce.” | (22) Being confident enough to take that compliment with grace.| (23) Dancing in the dark. | (24) “Woman” by Joy Williams. (This song is my mantra, my anthem, and, for feminist like me, a modern-day hymn.) | (25) Mattieologie. | (26) Believing in Black Girl Magic. | (27) Believing in HER. | (28) Believing in HIM. | (29) Believing in You. | (30) Believing in Me.