I can’t keep my own secrets. Perhaps this is an occupational hazard of being a writer. And perhaps this is why 15 Confessions is one of my favorite features of my blog.
In May, I shared a 15 Confessions post about cancer on WriteousBabe.com. It was quite the hit. I’m not sure I’ll ever top that one, honestly. But I’m pulling back the curtain once again, nonetheless.
Today I’m sharing 15 blogging confessions.
- I’ve been procrastinating on redesigning my blog for THREE YEARS!
- I often worry my best blogging days are behind me.
- Even though I know comparison is the thief of joy, I fall into the trap of comparing myself to other bloggers and writers at least once a
- I live in constant fear of my blog being hacked – again.
- Every month I come up with an idea for a new blog that my husband has to talk me out of starting.
- I once wondered if my blog and my Instagram would be more popular if I were skinnier and prettier.
- I miss the good ole days of blogging when we did it just for fun and not for funds.
- I often think about moving my blogging to my portfolio site so I can really be Javacia and not just Jane.
- I’m considering buying a wig for the sole purpose of blog photos.
- I don’t always blog like everybody’s reading.
- Sometimes I enjoy planning blog and social media content more than actually creating it.
- SEO is probably my least favorite thing about blogging.
- I want to grow my blog so I can reach more women — and so I can get invited to a special screening of The Bold Type.
- A local fashion blogger once called me “the blogger whisperer” and that was one of the best compliments I’ve ever gotten.
- Another local blogger once called me the Beyoncé of Birmingham and I was so happy I thought I would explode. Now my goal is for someone to call me the Beyoncé of blogging.
What do you have to confess?