Last month I turned 39 and was so excited to share and get started on my 40 Before List. Then COVID-19 canceled EVERYTHING. Many of the items on my list were travel goals and events I wanted to host and group fitness classes I wanted to attend. To make matters worse, I’m also dealing with a tough health issue that has nothing to Coronavirus but that could also make travel and being in large groups impossible for me this year.
After pouting about this for several days I decided to replace my 40 Before 40 List with a Quarantine Bucket List, a list of things to do while I shelter in place and practice social distancing.
I got this idea from StyleBlueprint, one of the publications I write for. So, be sure to check out the StyleBlueprint Quarantine Bucket List for inspiration for your own list.
Here’s my Quarantine Bucket List:
- Keep working toward my goal of reading 20 books in 2020 by reading four poetry collections for National Poetry Month.
- Catch up on my magazine reading.
- Host The Write Start 21-Day Challenge for See Jane Write Collective members. (Learn how to host a challenge of your own at my FREE webinar on Tuesday, March 31.)
- Host a virtual writing and wellness workshop for See Jane Write Collective members. (Apply to join the SJW Collective here.)
- Send a pitch to one dream publication.
- Work on my new blog idea.
- Start on my new book idea.
- Host a virtual book discussion.
- Revamp all of my websites.
- Clean my digital desktop.
- Clean my email inboxes.
- Keep walking for exercise for at least 30 minutes every day.
- Try a new fitness app or video.
- Learn a new dance routine.
- Catch up on Red Table Talk.
- Attend a virtual concert.
- Watch a movie I’ve never seen before.
- Send cards of encouragement to friends and family.
- Deep clean my house.
- Clean my closet.
- Clean my makeup bags and brushes.
- Get better at doing my makeup.
- Try a new skincare routine.
- Decorate my dining room for spring.
- Spend time relaxing on my back patio.
- Take a long bubble bath.
- Get takeout from a favorite restaurant and have a date night at home.
- Pray through the entire Pray First guide by Church of the Highlands.
- Complete a 30-day YouVersion devotional.
- Start planning a trip for 2021.
What’s on your quarantine bucket list?