Girl, it’s time to level up.
My inner voice has been saying this to me a lot lately. My husband and my best friend have been telling me this, too. And I’ve decided to listen to all of them.
That’s why I chose “GROWTH” as my word for 2020 and that’s why I’ve set 10 goals for 2020 that will take me to the next level in every area of my life.
My goals for 2020 are part of a bigger picture. Each goal will bring me closer to my five-year vision for my life.
Here are the goals I set for this year:
- I will finish my book.
- I will send pitches to 10 of my favorite national publications.
- I will launch a podcast.
- My business will have its first $10K month.
- I will walk for exercise for at least 3o minutes every single day.
- My husband and I will launch a Facebook Live show.
- I will begin my 40 Before 40 project.
- I will raise $2,000 for The Women’s Fund of Greater Birmingham.
- I will become an active member of the National Association of Black Journalists and the Birmingham Association of Black Journalists.
- I will host a Church of the Highlands small group at my house.
My January Master Plan
You know how the saying goes: “A goal without a plan is just a wish.” So, after I set my goals for the year, I made a list of things I need to in January to get closer to accomplishing each goal. I do this every month and I call it my Monthly Master Plan.
Some of these are tasks to be completed this month while others are habits to adopt. This list is LONG, but here are some of the action items from my January Master Plan:
- Draft a new outline for my book.
- Send a pitch to one of my favorite national publications.
- Listen to three writing podcasts.
- Complete Carrie Green’s course on membership sites.
- Walk every day.
- Create a Facebook Page for my Facebook Live show with my husband and invite friends to like the page. (I’ve already completed this task. You can like the page here.)
- Finalize my 40 Before 40 list.
Keep Your Goals in Sight
In 2018 I realized that I often failed to accomplish my monthly goals simply because I forgot about them! I was getting so caught up in the day-to-day to-do lists that I wasn’t making time or even mental space for my goals
So, I decided to start keeping my monthly goals in plain sight – literally – by posting them in various places. Then I kicked this up a notch with the Start Today Journal. With this journal, I write down my goals every single day. That way, they are sure to stay top of mind.
I am so excited to level up this year and because I believe in the saying “A rising tide lifts all boats,” I’m bringing you with me. Let’s level up together!
What are your goals for the year and what’s your plan for achieving them?
If you still need help setting your goals and developing your plan to make your dreams your reality, check out the replay of my 2020 Vision Goal Setting and Planning Workshop. This workshop replay and workbook will no longer be available after Friday, January 17.